[Twisted-Python] questions about twisted usage

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Thu Mar 22 06:58:42 EDT 2012

> 5. Related to all of the above.  What If I want to modify a database inside a
> deferred?  Is that incorrect usage?  Specifically, if all my requests run as

For database access, in general, you would follow

This is a Twisted wrapper around the standard Python DBI API and
the canonical/recommended way of doing database stuff.

This applies to anything from SQLite to PostgreSQL and Oracle.

For PostgreSQL, I would also have a look at

which is a drop-in replacement for

that makes use of the PostgreSQL protocol's native asynch features.