[Twisted-Python] Twisted/PyPy rocks!
tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Thu Mar 1 11:19:00 EST 2012
Just wanted to say: PyPy running Twisted rocks!
Works just out of the box: PyPy, Twisted + Autobahn.
Speedups of up to multiple times .. without a single code change.
* Tornado seems to be unstable on PyPy .. at least in my testing (sporadic segfaults)
* have been able to outperform node.js and others (incl. JVM) based WebSocket implementations
* only beaten by websocket++ - a C++/ASIO based implementation. expected.
Couple of points:
* Have been able to use poll reactor on Linux, but epoll doesnt work .. is that expected? Maybe because the epoll reactor implementation uses Twisted own C wrapper instead of the - only
recently - available one in Python standard lib?
* I will test PyPy with kqueue on FreeBSD ..
* Are there regular buildslaves running trial on PyPy? Does that make sense?
More information about the Twisted-Python