[Twisted-Python] deferred graph?

Terry Jones terry at jon.es
Thu Jun 28 18:32:29 EDT 2012

Hi Dan

> I'm a Twisted neophyte, but I've been using Python a long time.

I'm a Twisted neophyte, but I've been using Twisted a long time.

(I'd add a smiley, but that's not a joke.)

> My question: Is there a way of producing a deferred graph in a Python
> program at a given point in time?  Perhaps something based on graphviz
> and objgraph.py?  We're able to detect when we're having the problem, we
> just don't (yet) know its cause.

You might be able to use this that I wrote some time ago. It might need
some maintenance as the Twisted Deferred code has moved on since then. But
the approach might help you:

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2008-October/018535.html

Terry