[Twisted-Python] Make Twisted/PyPy a milestone?

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Sat Jun 23 09:02:45 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to ask if it would be appropriate and whether there is interest in making

"support Twisted on PyPy"

a project milestone for Twisted.

I'd start contributing by setting up a buildslave for PyPy so that issues can be made transparent and identified and progress tracked.

Since PyPy is still very fast moving, that would need to be a beefy machine, since I would track PyPy trunk doing nightly PyPy builds and then use that for Twisted trials.
It likely would involve stopping buildbot for the short period of PyPy installation, restarting it afterwards.

Is there community interest in Twisted/PyPy .. people that might help with working on tickets (which I guess will likely result from such an effort)?

My hope would also be that PyPy devs might be interested in having the PyPy codebase tested against such a broad suite like Twisted on a regular basis and would help with PyPy non-Twisted-but-triggered issues ..

Cheers,
Tobias

PS: The current trial results (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS i386, Twisted trunk, select reactor)

twisted.conch.test.test_manhole

 => ManholeLoopbackStdio: timeouts on all 13 test cases

twisted.conch.test.test_recvline

 => HistoricRecvlineLoopbackStdio: timeouts on all 2 test cases

 => RecvlineLoopbackStdio: timeouts on all 9 test cases

twisted.internet.test.test_endpoints

 => ServerStringTests => test_ssl: hangs forever!