[Twisted-Python] Python 3 support in Twisted: Request for relaxation of coverage requirements

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Jun 19 10:58:48 EDT 2012

On 06/19/2012 10:43 AM, Vladimir Perić wrote:
> 3) apply
>
> To quote Lennart Regebro, "The Python 2 builtin apply() has been
> removed in Python 3. It’s used to call a function, but since you can
> call the function directly it serves no purpose and has been
> deprecated since Python 2.3." I've replaced those covered by tests,
> but there's still some 23 untested uses left, most of them in
> spread/ui/tkutil, and I would *really* prefer not to write tests for
> that.
One particular alternative here is to provide a compatible local
implementation of apply() that is imported if you're in Python 3. And
then you just need to test that the new apply is the same as the
built-in apply.

Also, tkutil can be deprecated in my opinion, and there's no need to
port deprecated code.