[Twisted-Python] ANN: Twisted DBus 1.0

Tom Cocagne tom.cocagne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:14:46 EDT 2012

Unfortunately, it looks like 12.1 may be completely incompatible with
txdbus. The ancillary data support for Unix sockets appears to support
only file descriptor passing and breaks when credential passing is
attempted. The current implementation assumes and fails to check for
ancillary data sizes other than 4 (credentials are of length 12). I
believe it will be a relatively straight-forward task to add
credential passing support similar to how file descriptor passing is
done but it'll probably have to wait until the next Twisted release. A
straight-forward work-around eludes me.

Tom