[Twisted-Python] Problems with trac account registration (was Re: Extending twisted.words.protocols.irc)

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jan 25 20:13:36 EST 2012

On 25 Jan, 11:34 pm, matt at conundrum.com wrote:

>On 2012/01/25, at 14:44, Kevin Horn wrote:
>>Probably the best way to submit code is to open a ticket on the
>>tracker, with an attached patch as a unified diff against the current
>>twisted trunk.
>
>Can whoever is responsible for the tracker software have a look at its
>mail queue?  I'm not receiving the email address verification mail.
>And yes, I've attempted to have it re-sent, and have double-checked my
>address and spam filters.  It should have been sent to this address.
>>sudo grep -c twistedmatrix /var/log/exim/rejectlog
>0

Heya Matt,

Sorry about that.  The problem is almost certainly on our side, not
yours.  Unfortunately, the cause resists identification, though it
appears to be somewhere within the trac registration system itself, not
in the actual mail server software.

The Twisted project is somewhat lacking in administrative resources.
Thomas Hervé kindly did some investigation into this issue, narrowing
things down as far as trac.  Until someone finds time to look further
though, this issue doesn't seem likely to get resolved.  This is rather
unfortunate, since clearly it is obstructing a lot of new contributors.

If anyone is familiar with trac and could lend a hand, it would be very
valuable and much appreciated.

Jean-Paul