[Twisted-Python] ProcessMonitor stderr stdout

Lucas Taylor ltaylor.volks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 20:49:49 EST 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 5:16 PM, Kevin McIntyre wrote:

> Newbie question:
> I'm calling addProcess and everything works well, but I'm trying to understand how to capture/handle stderr stdout for that spawned process.

Look into subclassing ProcessMonitor and override startProcess to provide your own ProcessProtocol. The default implementation uses a LoggingProtocol which just logs stdout from the process.

The process howto should get you up to speed on what you can override in your ProcessProtocol (esp. outReceived() and errReceived())