[Twisted-Python] I am new :-)
jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:24:06 EST 2012
> On topic of Aniket's question, I would like to ask what would be a fun
> project to do in Twisted that will help me learn Twisted? I have made an IRC
> bot till now, but I want to do something else.
Here are a couple of ideas:
1. Go through https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/web/howto/web-in-60/index.html
and then build a website that serves dynamic content using Twisted
2. Write a Twisted Mail client that does something interesting with
your GMail mail. For example, I've written an IMAP4 client that runs
out of cron and a) auto-archives and b) forwards a subset of my
e-mails to a chat service I use.
3. Go through http://as.ynchrono.us/2011/03/twisted-conch-in-60-seconds.html
(find the full series at http://as.ynchrono.us/search/label/ssh) and
then write a Twisted Conch SSH client.
4. Write a BitTorrent client using Twisted. There are some examples
online if you get stuck.
5. Contribute to Twisted! Start with
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContributingToTwistedLabs, join us
in #twisted-dev on Freenode, and have a look at our bite-sized
If you are new to open source contribution, have a look at
which will walk you through the tools and workflow we use to develop
More information about the Twisted-Python