[Twisted-Python] Question : Listen to GPSD

bino oetomo bino at indoakses-online.com
Tue Apr 3 21:01:05 EDT 2012

Dear all.

Recently, for my MDT project I use 2 twisted script.
one for the core process (XMPP, LineReceiver, SerialService), and
one for displaying msg (twisted with WxPython)
I need 2 of them .. since I cannot combine them in single script.
I Only familiar with 'service.Application' method.

Know I replace twisted+wxpython with Navit + dbus
With this method, I can display gps-things and display mysg using libnotify.

So .. currently only one twisted script needed.

The problem is : Navit use GPSD
GPSD will takeover my 'gps-port'.
This way, my twisted script can not listen to my gps-port anymore.

My question is :
Is there any way to make my twisted script to *listen* to GPSD ?

Sincerely
-bino-