[Twisted-Python] Folding the server into the client?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 14 17:08:03 EDT 2011

On 07:43 pm, ddwiggins at advpubtech.com wrote:

>I've learned a bit about wxreactor, and read
>http://wiki.wxpython.org/wxPythonAndTwisted.  It seems to me, as I
>understand it currently, that I'll need to have both a client and
>server
>reactor, and decide on a protocol between them that works in a
>single-process situation.  This leaves the question of the protocol and
>reactor types to use.

In addition to Itamar's comments, note that if you only have a single
process, you will only have a single reactor.  If you actually use a
socket to communicate between the two parts of the program, one reactor
is easily capable of dealing with both sockets (but as Itamar pointed
out, you might skip sockets and just call the methods directly).

Jean-Paul