[Twisted-Python] Announcing txdnspython

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 6 05:56:30 EDT 2011

On 06/09/11 09:29, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

>> FYI I wrote patches for twisted.names that implement both tsig/tkey
>> I.e. secure dynamic update and dnssec. They're languishing in trac
>> because uqds saps my will to live :o(
>
> Link?  Always good to paste a link to revive a dead ticket :)

TSIG/TKEY:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4602 -

I designed this one to support various TSIG/TKEY methods, and in fact I
have some local code that uses a GSSAPI wrapper to do
Kerberos-authenticated TSIG updates (as per Windows 2000). I even wrote
a DNS server proxy that would take Kerberos-authenticated requests,
re-sign them as plain HMAC TSIG and forward them to another DNS server;
then bind 9.8 came out and obsoleted my need for the code, hence the
drop off in interest.

DNSSEC:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4610

Also:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4603 - round-trip unknown RR types

There isn't really much that needs doing AFAICT. I just find the whole
thing a bit dis-spiriting (which is my problem! ;o)