[Twisted-Python] First pre-release of Twisted 11.1.0

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Fri Oct 21 10:28:24 EDT 2011

Hello, fine people of the intraweb,

We're dangerously approaching the end of the year, without a second
release done, which is obviously unacceptable. I thus present you with
Twisted 11.1.0pre1:

    http://people.canonical.com/~therve/Twisted/11.1.0pre1/

Some hightlights of the 178 tickets closed:

 * The poll reactor as default where applicable, instead of select
   everywhere.

 * A new SSL implementation only relying on OpenSSL for cryptography,
   (not I/O) making it more robust, and adding IOCP support in the
   process.

 * Several improvements to the fresh HTTP/1.1 client implementation,
   including proxy and cookie support.

 * My personal favorite: a new howto has been published on test-driven
   development with Twisted.

 * A special mention to the new abortConnection support on TCP and SSL
   connections, heroically pushed by Itamar and Jean-Paul, and the
   oldest ticket closed by this release.

Please give it all the testing love it deserves (and be harsh if necessary).

Release-manager-ly yours,

--
Thomas