[Twisted-Python] First pre-release of Twisted 11.1.0
therve at free.fr
Fri Oct 21 10:28:24 EDT 2011
Hello, fine people of the intraweb,
We're dangerously approaching the end of the year, without a second
release done, which is obviously unacceptable. I thus present you with
Some hightlights of the 178 tickets closed:
* The poll reactor as default where applicable, instead of select
* A new SSL implementation only relying on OpenSSL for cryptography,
(not I/O) making it more robust, and adding IOCP support in the
* Several improvements to the fresh HTTP/1.1 client implementation,
including proxy and cookie support.
* My personal favorite: a new howto has been published on test-driven
development with Twisted.
* A special mention to the new abortConnection support on TCP and SSL
connections, heroically pushed by Itamar and Jean-Paul, and the
oldest ticket closed by this release.
Please give it all the testing love it deserves (and be harsh if necessary).
More information about the Twisted-Python