[Twisted-Python] Twisted for Python 3

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Oct 19 07:50:33 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm announcing an experimental, work-in-progress port of Twisted to
Python 3. The homepage, where you can find more detailed information,
is at https://bitbucket.org/pitrou/t3k

First step is to have core functionality (basic infrastructure, the
various reactors, transports, etc.) working. This is test-driven, since
Twisted has mostly excellent coverage. We are pretty much there. The
current status is:

The following tests pass:

    All of twisted/internet/test/*
    All of twisted/trial/test/*
    All of twisted/python/test/*
    Some of twisted/test: including test_amp, test_application,
    test_banana, test_defer, test_defgen, test_internet, test_jelly,
    test_log, test_logfile, test_paths, test_pb, test_persisted,
    test_protocols, test_ssl, test_sslverify, test_tcp, test_threads,
    test_threadpool, test_twistd, test_udp, test_unix...

The following scripts are known to work:

    trial
    twistd

Feedback and contributions welcome. If you are interested in helping,
please go and read the link above, it will give you suggestions.

Regards

Antoine.