[Twisted-Python] twisted.enterprise.adbapi broken by loss of python-pgsql

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Oct 17 13:26:30 EDT 2011

On Oct 17, 2011, at 1:17 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:

> The python-pgsql package, used by twisted.enterprise.adbapi to talk to
> PostgreSQL,

This is inaccurate.  adbapi can talk to PostgreSQL - or any database, for that matter - using any db-api compliant driver that you pass to it.

> has been removed from Debian:
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug%3D577664

Sounds like a problem for Debian then, not Twisted.

> So far it has been removed from Unstable and Testing.
>
> Are there any plans to fix t.e.adbapi? Or perhaps replace it
> with txPostgres?

Nothing needs to be fixed.  Even the test cases already have a PsycopgConnector in them, so this won't even decrease test coverage on Debian.

More positively: we retroactively fixed it in the past, so you have nothing to worry about now :).