[Twisted-Python] Twisted on PyPy

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Nov 21 08:03:14 EST 2011

On 10:51 am, rlotun at gmail.com wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I was just wondering if anyone is running (or has tested) their
>production
>stack of Twisted on PyPy. Since 1.7 has just been released, I'd like to
>play around with running our unit tests and running a production test
>at
>some point.

PyPy testing is part of Twisted development:

    http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/lucid32-pypy

>One concern I have is support for pyOpenSSL on PyPy. According to
>http://as.ynchrono.us/2011/04/pyopenssl-on-pypy.html as of April that
>effort was progressing, just wondering if there are any updates on that
>front?

Upstream pyOpenSSL builds on PyPy and passes a large portion of its test
suite (certain things related to memoryview are not supported).

>I also stumbled on https://github.com/svpcom/pyopenssl-pypy which
>claims to
>be a branch of pyOpenSSL that works with PyPy. Has anyone used it?

It looks like an exact copy of pyOpenSSL from June with no changes.

Jean-Paul