[Twisted-Python] Does anyone use ampoule in production?

Romanoff Alexei drednout.by at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:58:10 EST 2011

2011/11/18 gelin yan <dynamicgl at gmail.com>:
> Hi all.
>    just a few hours ago, I discovered ampoule is probably a right choice to
> run my analyze codes. I want to know whether your guys have used it for
> production purposes or not It seems the development has been frozen for a
> while and I noticed many bugs reported on the board. Some bugs looks like
> quite serious for example: a bug mentioned occasionally, startWorker may
> generate double process until the system hanging.
>     If those bugs still exist, i am gonna try to fix some of them if it is
> impossible.
> Regards

Good question!
I've recently adopted our game server for processing client requests
in several processes using ampoule as tool for managing process pool.
New approach has significantly more performance(5-100% more queries
per second in depends on type of query and the number of concurrent
clients) and high scalability. Modern servers have a lot of processor
cores, but GIL  in python kills all opportunities to use
multi-threading for heavy computation.
But my solution is still not in production. I wanted to ask the same
question, but other tasks distracted me from ampoule and
I should also mention that my tests were rather artificial,  I don't
know how  ampoule would work when many real players came to our server
and started playing.

I have also several patches for ampoule, which allows me send
many-many client's requests to several processes in pool(from the box
ampoule allows to process one query per process).

I'm really keen on this question, thank you, GELIN YAN.
Best regards,
Alexei Romanoff
software developer, Melesta