[Twisted-Python] Using Trial with Eclipse and PyDev

Tom Sheffler tom.sheffler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:39:36 EST 2011

I've seen a few answers regarding this topic around the net, but nothing
recent.

I've enjoyed using the Twisted code-base in Eclipse, and have also liked
running unittests in the PyDev framework.  However, I haven't been
successful integrating Trial tests with the PyDev runner.  I did get Trial
to run, but the output isn't really understood and parsed by PyDev the way
I did it.

If anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate suggestions.

- I'd like the PASSED/FAILED/ERROR/SKIPPED states to be understood by PyDev.
- I'd also like the _trial_temp/test.log file to be displayed in an Eclipse
window

Overall, I'm very happy with Trial as it is.  Using it in Eclipse almost
seems greedy. ;-}

Thanks,
Tom