[Twisted-Python] Twisted Project Jobs Volunteer

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Mon Nov 14 05:48:07 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 09:20:46PM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2011, at 1:13 AM, Tim Allen wrote:
> > Should I update the "GitMirror" page to suggest people run "git svn
> > clone -rHEAD" instead of using the no-longer-updated official mirror?
> > Perhaps the page should also be renamed?
> Sounds like this is a better idea than what we're advising people to
> do now,

GitMirror page updated.

I discovered a wrinkle, though: it turns out that "git svn clone -rHEAD"
only works if the HEAD of the SVN repo happens to be a commit to trunk.
If the HEAD happens to be a commit on a branch, tag, or anything else,
it only downloads the contents of the branch, tries to set up the trunk
and can't find it, then collapses in a heap.

I've added a step that uses "svn info" to find the last trunk commit, so
the user can substitute that revision number into the "git svn clone"

I'd appreciate it if anyone with a vague familiarity with Git could read
over the page and tell me if there's anything I can improve.