[Twisted-Python] Website visual improvements

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:13:42 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Jonathan Jacobs
<jonathan+twisted at jsphere.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently volunteered to make some visual improvements to the Twisted Trac
> website. I received a lot of good feedback and suggestions from the IRC
> channel, most of which I took to heart and fine-tuned the changes. I think
> everyone is generally happy with the changes, I'm happy with the changes and
> I'd like help with moving things forward to eventually deploy these changes.
> The branch is currently up for review on Launchpad[1], the merge proposal
> contains links to some[2] static[3] pages demonstrating the style changes.
> (It is worth noting that there are some quirks that are as a result of "File
> -> Save As" in Firefox, I wouldn't worry about these.)

Cool. I've uploaded screenshots to see how it looks on my FF7 below. I
like it. Well, with the exception of linefeeds in download links and
some stuff that is strictly subjective. For example, blue cloud looks
completely out of the way on the main page - I don't know if it is
thanks to the dark background or to its form. I also prefer right-side
panels over left-side. On issue page red and blue tones are also
looking strange to me. What is awesome are comment numbers. A pity
these are not clickable.

Anyway, good work! =)

old - http://i42.tinypic.com/29dify0.jpg
new - http://i44.tinypic.com/xpv78k.png