[Twisted-Python] kqueue reactor / ticket #1918

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Sat Nov 5 08:01:40 EDT 2011

> We've said e.g. Windows only supports Python 2.5 or later even when
> everything else supports Python 2.4. And we have inlineCallbacks which only
> runs on Python 2.5 or later. Saying "kqueue reactor only works on Python 2.6
> and later" seems fine to me.

For completeness: there seem to be 2 packages providing the select.kqueue/epoll
interface backported for Python 2.3-2.5:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/select26/0.1a3
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/select_backport/0.2

However, both seem to be based on Python svn at some point in time, and not
actively maintained.