[Twisted-Python] kqueue reactor / ticket #1918

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Fri Nov 4 10:11:11 EDT 2011

> Is there even a kqueue-based Twisted reactor?
> Yes... ish.  More detail here: <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1918>.

Hi Glyph,

first, thanks as always!

The pykqueue 1.3 and 2.0 referenced in that ticket seem to be no longer

On the other hand, Python has built-in support for kqueue since Python 2.6
in the select module.

I have adjusted the Twisted kqreactor to select.kqueue and made a package:

I have tested that reactor successfully with Autobahn WebSockets on FreeBSD 8.2
(running as a VirtualBox x86 VM). When I'm home later, I can check out Mac.

Doing the Autobahn tests helped me finding the only non-canonical change required

Is there any regression/test/stresstest I could run to verify the stuff actually works?

The Autobahn WS tests do quite some stuff, but they do not test concurrency and
high connections numbers ..