[Twisted-Python] Prhaps 11.1rc2 should include #4669?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 2 22:23:25 EDT 2011

On Nov 2, 2011, at 9:35 PM, Itamar Turner-Trauring wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 18:54 -0400, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>> On Nov 2, 2011, at 8:44 AM, Itamar Turner-Trauring wrote:
>>
>>> It seems like keeping IOCP from being broken on win64 is worth
>>> integrating.
>>
>> Did it work on win64 in 11.0?
>>
>> If so, then this is a regression and needs to be fixed.
>>
>> If not, I'd say this is just a good motivation to get done with 11.1 and get the ball rolling on an 11.2 ASAP! :)
>
> Thomas was talking about merging 11.1rc2 to current trunk...

Hrm.  Looking at trunk, I guess we might be in a situation where we have to cherry-pick to get the regressions.

Here's what's happened since 11.1rc1, if anyone wants to object on the basis of a risky change:

<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/log/trunk?action=stop_on_copy&mode=stop_on_copy&rev=33057&stop_rev=32950&limit=100>

My impressions is that some of these are frighteningly subtle, but those are mostly bugfixes in equally highly subtle (but wrong) win32 code; given the relatively improved state of the buildbots I don't have any concerns.  So I don't object, and anyway.

Ultimately, Thomas gets to make the call as the release manager anyway, though :).

-glyph