[Twisted-Python] twistd/tac : when does logging start?

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Wed Nov 2 07:38:34 EDT 2011

I've got a Twisted application started via a tac file.

Within the tac, I also initialize a database and create a db pool for use with adbapi.

Now it seems that log messages from the network services are logged, but not from the initial DB setup stuff.

When exactly does Twistd start the logging? How can I make it start logging from the very beginning?

I've looked at the docs:

"Before startLogging is called, log messages will be discarded and errors will be written to stderr."

"If you are using twistd to run your daemon, it will take care of calling startLogging for you, ..."

but that doesn't help me.

Any hints are welcome