[Twisted-Python] Some "spread" objects and comparison semantics

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:51:00 EDT 2011

I'm analysing the code in twisted/spread/flavors.py and
twisted/spread/pb.py, trying to remove the __cmp__ and cmp() in
RemoteCache, RemoteCacheMethod and RemoteCacheObserver classes.

They all have __cmp__ methods, but as there is not any test for these,
and it's not specified in the documentation, I don't know if the
comparison method is to compare by equality, or for these objects to
be orderable.

Yes, I could replace __cmp__ with the full rich comparison battery,
but it's not worth it if the semantic of these objects will not use
it.

Thanks!

--
.    Facundo