[Twisted-Python] prerelease preview predocumentation

George Pauly george at ringdevelopment.com
Mon Mar 28 11:14:28 EDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz
<glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

>         On Mar 23, 2011, at 9:34 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>
>         > <http://twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/sphinx-preview-11.0pre1/>
>

>         Anyone have comments about this?  With all the recent
>         excitement about the docs, I thought there would be a much
>         more active thread here!

Looks great, the world needs this.

To make it even better:

Search caption ("Quick Search") should be "Search TwistedMatrix.com" or
"Search Twisted Documentation" or whatever the search space is/will be.

The different amounts of detail and subdivisions among TOC topics are a
little clumsy with the heirarchical UI.  For example, Twisted IM
Documentation seems to have an extra layer of indirection.  Would an
expando menu of some sort be possible?  It seems a little rough to go
through a series of menu pages.

"This Page / Show Source" (on rhs menu) could be confusing in context
(it's not the Twisted source).  Is this for Sphinx debugging?   It
doesn't seem useful to someone seeking Twisted docs.

Should Lore docs be removed from the menu? - this will be confusing.

"index" link goes to empty page

>         Thoughts about whether we should link it from the front page?

Definitely link it.

hth,

George
--