[Twisted-Python] Old-class-only support in manhole

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:26:32 EDT 2011

Hello!

Creating a test case for a change in twisted/manhole/explorer.py, I
found these lines in CRUFT_WatchyThingie.watchObject:

        if type(object) is not types.InstanceType:
            raise TypeError, "Sorry, can only place a watch on Instances."

Always talking in Python 2, if you pass an instance of an old style
class as the "object", it will be ok; but if you pass a new style
class, it will raise TypeError.

So, I wanted just to ask if this is on purpose, should I open a bug
about it, or what.

Thank you!

--
.    Facundo