[Twisted-Python] Information on new endpoints API?

Albert Brandl albert.brandl at weiermayer.com
Wed Jun 15 03:00:45 MDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 06:37:45PM -0000, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> To be clear, though, it sounds like you're defining GPS_PORT in a .py
> file, and that's more or less what I was speaking against. :)  Instead,
> I would define GPS_PORT as either SerialEndpoint(reactor, "/dev/ttyS2",
> baudrate=4800) or TCP4ServerEndpoint(reactor, 1049).

I've read your comment before sending the email. But I preferred to
show what we are doing right now over "faking" a solution that might
be more beautiful.

Regarding maintenance, the string representation has some advantages.
It's easier to explain how to modify a configuration file that contains
some strings than explaining how to modify Python source code. OTOH,
losing meaningful debug messages hurts, of course ;-).

Best regards,
--
Albert Brandl
Weiermayer Solutions GmbH      | Abteistraße 12, A-4813 Altmünster