[Twisted-Python] How to safely stop a chain of deferreds

tomw tomw at ubilix.com
Tue Jun 28 09:30:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

in a GUI application I'm using quite a comprehensive chain of deferreds
and I'm running the mainloop from the glib2reactor. At a certain point
of my application I need to terminate the entire chain of deferreds to
make sure that no more data is loaded and processed. Stopping the
reactor does not work as the entire GUI would terminate, too. I tried to
cancel the first deferred, hoping that the cancel event will be
forwarded to the next deferred in the chain or at least invoke an
errback, but for some reason it does not work and the deferreds seem to
run forever. Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Many thanks,

--
tomw <tomw at ubilix.com>