[Twisted-Python] twisted.cred implementation for LDAP, anyone?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jun 27 12:51:12 EDT 2011

On Jun 27, 2011, at 7:35 AM, Anton Gyllenberg wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz
> <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 22, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Anton Gyllenberg wrote:
>>> The Ldaptor license is LGPL and I think it has always been LGPL. I'm
>>> not sure, as it was well before my time, but I believe early Ldaptor
>>> code was part of Twisted but was broken out when Twisted changed
>>> license from LGPL to MIT-style.
>>
>> The code was always LGPL, but the code was never part of Twisted.  If it were, it would have had its license changed along with Twisted.  I do hope that Tommi decides to change its license to MIT one day and contribute it though.
>>

> OK, thanks for the clarification. I was looking at
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/changeset/1857 and thought it meant it
> was once part of Twisted.

I stand corrected!  I looked around for that changeset before I posted this, but didn't find it.  Apparently I misremembered.  So your summary was correct; the code was broken out before Twisted changed to the MIT license.

(I do still hope that it changes to MIT and lives in the tree again someday, though.)

-glyph