[Twisted-Python] New Twisted Tutorial

Orestis Markou orestis at orestis.gr
Sat Jun 25 04:38:39 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've started porting my training slides into a written tutorial, making changes along the way based on the audience reactions. You can find it here:

https://github.com/orestis/twisted-tutorial

It's missing a couple of chapters like errbacks or examples on how to use threads for CPU-intensive tasks, but it's already 6500 words long. Everyone is encouraged to comment on specific lines or fork and change stuff.

It's not in any particular format, though at some points it resembles ReST. I think it'd make a great addition to the existing Twisted documentation so unless anyone objects, let's make it so.

Once I get to a proper internet connection, I will upload the training slides as well (though they are not very useful on their own).

Many thanks to everyone that helped, and especially to lvh and jerub who attended the training (twice!) and helped with the tricky bits.

Orestis