[Twisted-Python] Plugin Example - review appreciated

Thorne, Stephen stephen at thorne.id.au
Wed Jun 22 03:32:25 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 23:32,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> Don't define Options or makeService in the dropin file.
>
> Use twisted.application.service.ServiceMaker instead of implementing
> your own.

Oh that's nice. I'll rewrite to use that now. What's the first
argument to ServiceMaker, 'name' for? it's not documented.

> It's not "strports" anymore.  It's "string endpoint descriptions" or
> just "endpoints".  You are using the right API but you named all the
> options and variables wrong.
>
> Unit tests.
>
> Don't use the global reactor in SetupService.

okay, I've changed this to do 'from twisted.internet import reactor'
at the top of the two methods that access the reactor.

> Unit tests.
>
> Docstrings.

Fair call, I'll put docstrings in and write some tests.

Stephen.