[Twisted-Python] Twisted training slides

Andreas Hausmann ahsorrytigger-fibs at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 18 14:32:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am Andreas. I used twisted to build an online backgammon server. I'll
post some on that later. My knowledge goes as far as server, client,
deferreds and plugins. Based on twisted core tutorial.

Orestis Markou wrote:

> [...]
> and comment on possible inaccuracies or flat-out wrong things. I have simplified some things in the beginning, but I expand later on.
> [...]

Unfortunately I went through slides 1-120 only. I have to stop now.
Maybe I can finish tomorrow morning.

Alltogether it looks like very good roundup for newbies, showing all
important features. I like the style of the presentation.

Here my remarks so far:

I've been reading through it:
-----------------------------

- Slides 39<->40; the header changes from "Listen on a port"
to "Listen at a port". That unneccessarily distracts attention. (little
thing)

- Slide 100: I haven't gotten it. Maybe lack of knowledge on my side.

- Slides 108, 109 seem identical

I've been working through it (run this!):

- Slide 48: Output doesn't correspond to code (slide 47).

- Exercise 2b: quite tough :), if you care to know. I was misled by your
examples the slides before (slides 99-103). I didn't see you were
heading to the use of deferreds throughout the code (_getPage),
despite your hint (defer.succeed()).

Hope, this helps
Andreas