[Twisted-Python] Failure to connect remotely to MySQL database

gary clark burslem2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 18:46:20 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to connect a twisted server to a remote machine which contains the mysql database, unfortunately I cannot access the database am am seeing error:

Failed to load application: Cant connect to MySQL on server 192.168.1.10.

db=create_engine('mysql://root:pwd@192.168.1.10/database',echo=True)

The databse machine has a number of restrictions on the firewall. I can ping the database machine and can see the that mysqld is running and enabled. What need to be open and enabled to access the mysql server from another machine i.e what port and connection type.

I dont see anything in the mysqld log.

Cheers,
Gary C