[Twisted-Python] Information on new endpoints API?

Orestis Markou orestis at orestis.gr
Sun Jun 12 09:34:01 EDT 2011

> This is really why we introduced endpoints - to make it possible for
> applications to listen on (or connect to) an address that is specified
> elsewhere.  Previously, the "easy thing to do" was to only support
> TCP/IPv4.  With endpoints, the "easy thing to do" is to work with any
> address family/transport type that there is now (or will be in the
> future!) an endpoint for.

That's a perfect explanation, many thanks!

>> I will be giving a training on Twisted in a few days during the
>> EuroPython conference (actually, more of an assisted tutorial than a
>> training) and I'm not sure how I should present this. Any information
>> would be helpful.
>>
>> Orestis
>
> Hope this helps!  Good luck with the session. :)

Thanks. BTW, I've spent the past week browsing through twisted's documentation (esp. the API reference). I have a few ideas that I think would help newcomers find their away around much easier (and be less scared of twisteD). The ideas are mostly organisational, the material is there, if one knows what to look for. Should I create new tickets or mail ideas to this list?