[Twisted-Python] Information on new endpoints API?

Orestis Markou orestis at orestis.gr
Sun Jun 12 08:48:13 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm curious about the endpoints API that appeared. I've read the documentation, and I think I understand what it does, but I'm curious to see what parts of twisted it replaces. A lot of the documentation on-site is not updated (eg the finger tutorial) and it's not very clear whether one should use reactor.listenTCP, TCPServer or the new API.

I will be giving a training on Twisted in a few days during the EuroPython conference (actually, more of an assisted tutorial than a training) and I'm not sure how I should present this. Any information would be helpful.

Orestis