[Twisted-Python] Moving Twisted off Trac and SVN to somewhere nicer

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Tue Jul 5 03:42:04 EDT 2011

Pretty much all of those can be supported with GitHub: they can POST
to a generic website as a commit hook[0], along with a number of other
integrated services[1].

The only thing that I can think of is that GitHub issues doesn't have
hooks, so we'd have to poll if we wanted an IRC bot for GitHub issues.
Thankfully, they have an API for issues[2] that should make it easier.

re: Mercurial, I didn't like it when I used it. If someone can tell me
how to do this[3] in hg, I'd be more inclined to play along. And that
said, I think we'd get a much better reception and amount of
contributors if we're on GitHub, if only due to the scale compared to
LP/BB. I think we're all familiar with the "denied" story :).

[0] http://help.github.com/post-receive-hooks/
[1] https://github.com/github/github-services
[2] http://developer.github.com/v3/issues/
[3] http://people.gnome.org/~federico/news-2008-08.html#git-rebase-interactive