[Twisted-Python] Moving Twisted off Trac and SVN to somewhere nicer

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jul 1 12:41:59 EDT 2011

On 01/07/11 11:29, Laurens Van Houtven wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As some of you may already know (either through a backchannel or because
> you talked to me at Europython), there has been some talk about moving
> Twisted way from Trac+SVN to somewhere that isn't Trac+SVN.
>
> A lot of the devs do like SVN. My guess is that that's mainly because
> they don't actually use SVN, they use Combinator, or something. On the

As per my other, longer email: for me, the current SVN/branch
development model is hugely offputting for occasional contributions, and
I suspect for people who want to submit 10-100 line changes.

For the love of god, pick a DVCS so that contributors can develop in
local branches, and pick a DVCS with a good central "pull request" and
patch review system/engine/site/app/whatever.

I like github and loathe Launchpad personally but really - pick
anything. Just not SVN. And not Trac.