[Twisted-Python] Moving Twisted off Trac and SVN to somewhere nicer

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Fri Jul 1 12:24:50 EDT 2011

Le 01/07/2011 16:42, Itamar Turner-Trauring a écrit :
>> Well, that logic is a bit flawed though: you're kind of saying that we
>> shouldn't use a better tool because it may bring us more contributors
>> than we can handle. At the end of the day, we would still use a better
>> tool though.
>
> No, I'm saying that given limited resources, addressing the giant piles of
> unused code we have (and figuring out how new code won't end up in the
> attic) seems like a higher priority. Using better tools is always a good
> idea, and if you'd like to argue that github means patches are less likely
> to be abandoned that's a good argument to make.
>
> I'm arguing for a broader look at what our development process problems
> are, and that perhaps efforts should be directed elsewhere.

While I sympathize with what you're saying, this sounds kind of
orthogonal to me. Sure, we can do better at handling contributions. But
it's an opensource project, everybody does whatever he wants mostly (in
the frame that the project sets).

Saying to Laurens that we have limited "resources" and that he should do
something else doesn't mean that this second task will be done. But it
surely means that first one won't.

--
Thomas