[Twisted-Python] Moving Twisted off Trac and SVN to somewhere nicer

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 07:00:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Laurens Van Houtven <_ at lvh.cc> wrote:

> Although I've hated git for a long while (and I still don't like it very
> much), I firmly believe Github is the right thing for Twisted. My incredibly
> unscientific poll amongst people who like Twisted but aren't devs is that
> they all love or at least like Github, and a surprising number has a
> distaste for Launchpad (unfamiliarity with Bazaar, perceived
> developer-unfriendly UI, slowness).

I vote for GitHub too. Git's a pain but powerful (no need for combinator),
and GitHub has a pretty good API into everything - low level repo innards,
to issues/tickets. Also, GitHub's webhook system can easily integrate with
buildbot (we used to do it at TweetDeck). Code review is doable by pull
requests too. You can even map twistedmatrix.com to a github hosted website,
which itself would be a repo. Oh, and the wikis are git repos too.

Given all these tools, I see mappings for all of Twisted's bits and pieces
(unless I'm missing something).

Cheers,
Reza

--