[Twisted-Python] Task-based documentation started

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jan 31 17:22:04 EST 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 11:41 AM, Tom Davis wrote:

> Thoughts?

I'll have to write more later, but maybe you should read all of the existing twisted.web documentation first?  I am sorry to say it, but this seems like a less informative and more confusing version of <http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/10.2.0/web/howto/web-in-60/static-content.html> and <http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/10.2.0/web/howto/web-in-60/wsgi.html>.

For example: Why are you talking about SimpleHTTPServer?  Does anybody actually use that or know about it any more?  I haven't heard it brought up in years.  For people who do know about what it is, comparing it to that makes it sound like twisted.web is a toy and should not be used in production, since SimpleHTTPServer certainly isn't capable of serving a real site.

Again, the problem is not really the content, we have a surprising amount of content, it's fixing the architecture so that people find the content that they're looking for.