[Twisted-Python] HTTPClient handling LF only servers

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:23:59 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Jason J. W. Williams <
jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Y'all,

Howdy, Jason!

> Certain servers (notably Hacker News) break HTTPClient because they use LF
> instead of CRLF to terminate header lines. I've uploaded a patch with tests
> to ticket 4814 (merged into ticket 2842).
>
> I'd appreciate a review and some discussion about integrating it.
>
> -J

I'm not really in a position to do a review right now, but since:

1) 4814 is effectively a duplicate of 2842
2) 4814 has a clear problem decription
3) 4814 has a patch
4) 2842 is old, and confusing

Can we go ahead and close 2842 in favor of 4814?  We have too many old
tickets floating around...

(To be clear, I'm not asking Jason to close this ticket...I'm asking for the
list's opinion)

Also 3833 is at least similar, if not another duplicate.  It would be nice
if it could be worked on and/or closed along with this issue.

Kevin Horn