[Twisted-Python] Porting twisted methods to a synchronous environment

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Tue Jan 25 14:06:22 EST 2011

On 1/24/2011 12:45 PM, Phil Christensen wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Don Dwiggins wrote:
>> I have a server that provides access to a database in the usual way,
>> using adbapi to talk to an MSSQL server.  Now, I'm facing the need to
>> create an application that can access the server directly.  (In addition
>> to, not instead of.)
> Why do you need to "port twisted methods to a syncronous environment"? Why can't you just write your app asynchronously?

Well, yes, the message subject is a bit misleading.  I was trying to
think of a way that the async methods in the server could be imported
directly into the app.  I later remembered a Wiki page on integrating
Twisted's reactor into a wx app; I think that'll give me what I need.

--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology