[Twisted-Python] Twisted and ipython

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Tue Jan 11 02:48:38 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm starting a project where I plan to use twisted for the first time. I'd
like to practice using ipython and after looking around I found a recepe [1]
by Metthew Scott and a comment by Bob Ippolito on that recepe that suggests
a different approch [2].

In the ipython manual there's a reference to twisted in the -*thread
section, but it's unclear to me what should be the option (-pylab as for
matplotlib?):

-gthread, -qthread, -q4thread, -wthread, -pylab
              Only  ONE  of  these  can  be given, and it can only be given as the first option
              passed to IPython (it will have no effect in any other position).   They  provide
              threading  support  for  the  GTK,  QT3, QT4 and WXWidgets toolkits, for the mat-
              plotlib library and Twisted reactor.

So what's the suggested way to play with twisted?

thanks in advance
sandro
*:-)

[1] http://code.activestate.com/recipes/410670-integrating-twisted-reactor-with-ipython/