[Twisted-Python] Store an instance of a connection - twisted.web

Manu manuito at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 03:42:59 EST 2011

How I store an instance of a connection in twisted.web? I have seen
request.getSession() but I searched and there are very few examples of how
it is stored and retrieved later.

I want to store the ldap connection in a session for retrieve later. Thanks.

def render_POST(self, request):

    command = request.path[1:]
    session = request.getSession()

    if command == "authentication":
      Connect =
LdapConnection(request.args['host'][0],request.args['user'][0],request.args['password'][0])
      session.addComponent(LdapConnection, Connect)

    if command == "users":
      Connect = session.getComponent(LdapConnection)
      u = Users(Connect, request.args['name'][0],request.args['employeeNumber'])

    return