[Twisted-Python] Log output formatting (was Re: logging question)

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 5 14:48:43 EST 2011

On Dec 1, 2011, at 12:32 PM, Tom Sheffler wrote:

> 1) we use multiple logfiles.  one for *all* messages, and another for *special* messages.  It would be nice if the concept of multiple logfiles and the routing of messages to files was part of the system.

You could implement this by having a single log observer which delegated to multiple other observers, possibly with filters.

Sounds like a nice, simple, self-contained task that you could submit a patch for, if you wanted to  get it into Twisted :).  Please feel free to open a ticket with a patch.

-glyph