[Twisted-Python] Telnet negotiation with Twisted

Lee Orsino lmorsino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 22:22:02 EST 2011

Patrick,

Thanks so much for that example, it was really helpful! I understand a
little better about how the protocol works. I tested it on Linux, and it
works just like you said. Perhaps not surprisingly I'm having some
difficulty when running the server on Windows. When I do a

self.will(chr(1)) # set echo mode

I get "DO 1" in return from the client. This is what I would expect. But
when I do

self.do(LINEMODE) # ask client to negotiate LINEMODE

I get "WONT LINEMODE" in return. I get this with both clients I'm testing
with. If I send "WILL LINEMODE" I get "DONT LINEMODE" in return.

So it seems no matter what I do, my clients aren't willing to negotiate
about this. I'm using the same code as the Linux server.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help so far...! At least it is working in
Linux. Does anyone know if I have to do anything special for Windows? Can
anyone confirm it doesn't work in Win 7? Maybe I am missing some
configuration property, or...?

Thanks!
Lee