[Twisted-Python] Twisted vs jQuery Deferreds (was Re: RPC design questions)

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at me.com
Wed Aug 24 20:58:57 EDT 2011

Hi Jasper,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:48:14 -0500, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre at mecheye.net> wrote:

> Note that as far as I know, MochiKit isn't actively developed anymore.
> Google's Closure has a fork of MochiKit's Deferred's, which seems to
> incorporate some of Dojo's code as well.
>
>   http://code.google.com/p/closure-library/source/browse/trunk/third_party/closure/goog/mochikit/async/

Although it is certainly not "mainstream", like jQuery, or Dojo, or
Closure, the most accurate implementation of Deferred in JavaScript is in
Nevow.Athena.  I thought it might be worth mentioning, even though it
isn't part of a widely-adopted JS lib.

Hope this helps,

L. Daniel Burr