[Twisted-Python] 11.0 in PPA

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Mon Aug 15 14:19:35 EDT 2011

Le 15/08/2011 17:33, Jonathan Lange a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Jessica McKellar
> <jessica.mckellar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>>> It would be nice if the ppa were up to date, though.  Maybe someone who
>>> knows how to update it can share that information so that someone who
>>> has time to keep it up to date can take over the job.
>>
>> I would like to volunteer for this. I don't know much about packaging
>> and this seems like a good opportunity to learn.
>>
>> If there are no objections, what I'll do is:
>> a) learn more about the ideal Twisted PPA situation (if you have
>> thoughts on what that should be, tell me)
>
> Current situation: It exists. Anyone in
> https://launchpad.net/~twisted-dev can write to it.
>
> Ideal situation:
>  * 2 PPAs: daily & release
>  * Daily PPA builds automatically after a test-passing change lands on trunk
>  * Release PPA
>    * Build of latest Twisted release for all supported releases of Ubuntu
>    * Ideally packaging is good enough for upload to Debian (but ask
> the maintainer)
>    * If this can be automated, great

I tried that some time ago:

https://code.launchpad.net/~therve/+recipe/twisted-trunk-daily

The problem is that it diverges from the Debian packaging of Twisted,
which has a source package for every subprojects, whereas the recipe
system only works with one source.

The other problem is that the "current" Twisted package (eg the one in
Natty) uses dh_python2, which is not available on Lucid.

At any rate, I'd be happy to help.