[Twisted-Python] High traffic connection issue

Ted Pederson ted.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:47:11 EDT 2010

Trying to do some scalability testing on my first twisted server.

When I have hundreds of connections and moments of very high server activity
I am seeing that clients are unable to connect.

Here are some numbers: 250 open TCP connections. I see 857 operations in my
log during the second where a new client tries to connect. In the client log
I see that connectionMade() is called. I am pretty sure I don't see a
corresponding connectionMade() on the server side (could this be right?).

Then, about a second later I get a connectionLost() on the client with
'Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion'.

Is this to be expected? Should the client just be expected to retry?

Thanks